Friday, May 10, 2013

President Obama Validates My Life's Work


So yesterday was a pretty big day for me.  First of all, has anyone seen anyone this good-looking in real life before?



















Those three guys are okay too.

Anyway, it was kind of funny to see these famosos because it happened immediately following a major career high.


If you want to know why yesterday was so awesome, like tearfully awesome, you need to watch this video starting at 9:40.  And then imagine you are in a room full of people who you have worked with anywhere from the last year to the last decade.  People who helped you learn about the most amazing possibilities and who believed that a single small school in Northern California could be a model for the rest of the country.  Places like Manor, Texas:





It might just be me, but didn't that sound really compelling? And you know what? What he says here? This is really happening--not just here, but in schools across the country. And don't you want your kid in one of these schools? I sure do. So to all my @newtechnetwork friends, thank you for all the work you personally have done that led to this moment for us as a national movement. For my friends who have supported me while I travel so much, I hope this clarifies the urgency that pulls me periodically away from my family.  The more we can create this kind of community, the more hope I personally have for the future of all of our communities and preparing our kids for the world that will await them.

Even if you didn't vote for Obama, pretty cool, eh?


4 comments:

  1. Awesome! Oh, and you're totally the hottest one in that first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LEE!!!! The moment he said "New Tech?" Oh my gosh, that MOMENT!!!!

    I am SO proud of what you're doing. As your friend, as as a parent, as an American...SO proud!





    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! Congratulations, LeeAnn!!! You have so much to be proud of, all your investment of time and travel and heart and soul. You made this happen. You! And a group of other fabulous, like-minded passionate people like you. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at that! YOU are what this country should be, straight from the President's mouth. I always knew you were a rock star.

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios