Here is a quick update:
1. Disneyland. We are trying to make good use of those passes we bought so we have gone now 7 times. I like to dress us all in the same color so I can find everyone quickly but unfortunately this last time I selected brown and everyone just blends it. Red works WAY better. Oh well lesson learned.
2. I have taken a lot of years to discover how much I like this place but there is no other FF place I would rather be than this one (aside from Chick-Fil-A which we don't have here). I wish this discovery had not come at the beginning of a serious calorie reduction program (which is working great for me, thanks for asking) but I did discover that you can get a "protein style" burger with lettuce instead of a bun that only has 280 calories. The problem is I love the buns so it kind of loses its fun.
3. Kinder graduation. Nothing special and it might be a bit of an overly blown ceremony but I still found a joy in watching this little cute girl limp down the aisle. She is holding our end of the year teacher treats in her hands.
I spent most of the ceremony chasing this child:
Gillian was sad that we didn't bring balloons like a lot of the other parents but we told her she had a lot more to go before we would fork out any cash for her. But still, major milestone!
4. Katie's birthday bash. Gooood times at Chilis outdoor exile patio. We were the only ones out there so we could be loud, and not worry about talking over everyone which is good considering there were 17 adoring fans in attendance.
5. A songbird flew into our house. For some reason it was enthralling and scary. Mary Poppins and Cinderella mainly communicated through windows with them, right? Here are three of ten shots I took:
6. Cream is yummy. We celebrated Katie's Dessert Contest win by buying a half gallon of cream to make a chocolate trifle. No pics evidently but believe me, it was scrumptious.
I can vouch for the tastiness of that trifle. I wanted to go back for seconds, but I didn't want to look like a total pig. You're going to post the recipe, right?
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great summer is underway.I'll call you when (if) we go to Disneyland, you can meet us. And we'll wear red. Have you tried a little hunter's orange...?
ReplyDeleteThat bird! How on earth did it sneak past your garden gnome??
ReplyDeleteAnd Chilis exile! It would not have been the same without you. You were the only guest of 17 to order a Diet Coke, which maybe explains why your jokes were the funniest.
This madness has to stop. Next thing you know there will be a ceremony for successfully graduating from the womb.
ReplyDeleteAdorable kids. You're so blessed.
ReplyDeleteThere's an In N Out near my work that has long lines like that all day long. They have an order taker that walks down the line to take you order. Geez, their hamburgers aren't all that great.
Hamburger patty and cottage cheese is the way to go. All protein.
Shirley Temple attended the graduation?
You didn't tell us - did you bake or fry the songbird?