Thursday, March 17, 2011

5 Years!

We lived in Santa Barbara for nearly 5 years.  That might not sound like a lot to some people, but we have never lived anywhere more than 3 years in a row up until now, so a large portion of our lives as a family was invested in our paradisaical experience.

I am not as poetic as my friend Katie who did a beautiful post on her departure from Santa Barbara, but I did run across the email that I sent out to people when we first moved there:

 
Hola a todos!
  
 
  
We are now living in Santa Barbara where Steve has embarked on his final journey towards his Ph.D (religious studies)!  I am working from home and travel once a month or so out to North Carolina to work with 5 schools there.  Casey and Bridget are happy in school and Gillian hangs around the neighborhood during the day.  We live in the family housing and we are renting out our home in Sacramento for the time being.
  
 
  
Life is wonderful and we have been blessed in a million small and big ways.
  
 
  
In trying to be more organized in this new lifestyle (small apartment living and all) I decided that I need to gather together our addresses in one location and realized that we sold our old computer and forgot to get our address book off of the hard drive!  So while some people might not care whether or not they ever see us again, we still would like to send
out Christmas cards, etc.  to the people that we love the mostest!  
 
  
Please send us your current information- names and ages of children, address, phone number, email that is better than this one.  No one is exempt from this request, even the people who I talked to like, last week, I don't have your addy.
  
 
  
Love to you all and word to your mothers,
 
Lee Ann, Steve, and Family
 
It is amazing how I still have all the same shortcomings--losing addresses, writing random words in Spanish, and overuse of parenthesis. 

And some things have changed:









4 comments:

  1. Excellent use of the word 'paradasaical'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've lived here for nearly 5 years too. Gio is only 5. We've only been married for 7 years. I was thinking about this last night. This has been a huge chunk of our lives, but I feel like it's flown by. So strange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture! So cute.

    I wish I could send an email to myself 5 years ago. It would say that a total catch just moved in. How do you say total catch in Spanish?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Times flies.

    PS. You look gorge.

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios