Monday, April 11, 2011

Why Spring Break is Super Lame

You know, I used to love Spring Break.  In my former life when I went to college and was in a sorority and drank a lot of alcohol.  I think I must have lived in the 1950s.

In this reincarnation, however, I have apparently moved down a caste.  I have descended to the lowly life of a normal human being who does not understand the impulse to give kids a break midway through the year.

You might be thinking to yourself, but you were a TEACHER. Yes.  Yes I was.  And do you know what I did over spring break?  Grade papers and develop curriculum.  What part of that sounds like a break?

In honor of this pointless, pagan ritual, I am posting a top ten:

Top Ten Quotes Exemplifying Why I Loathe Spring Break

1.  "But, why do we have to go to bed at all if we don't have to get up and go to school?"

2.  "Why do we have to do TWO chores" (this would have pulled at my heart strings as I hate chores myself, but honestly, they didn't even do one so no sympathy after all)

3.  "OWWWW!!!! STOP HITTING ME!!!!"

4.  "Can we watch another movie (after going to the theater)?"

5.  "I am bored."

6.  "But I finished my book!  How can I read any more?"

7.  "OWWWW!! CASEY!!!"

8.  "Can I eat some more of your really awesome special food that you buy for yourself and I normally don't have access to because I am at school?"

9.  "So they canceled all church activities because of Spring Break."

10.  "Can we go somewhere?"

Maybe next year I will take the week off and take my kids to Mexico so they can say things like "Estoy aburrido" and "no me toques, Casey!"

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the laugh. And the reality check. Our spring break is next week & you've displaced my excitement with just the appropriate amount of dread. That's why you're my favorite.

    By the way, what did we do last spring break? Nothing, at the beach? Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios