I was in Texas for close to 24 hours. I wish I would have been there longer because I think I could dig Texas for real. The high school I went to visit there is UNBELIEVABLY AWESOME. I have seen a lot of schools that are really incredible, but I think it might have been one of my faves.
It did pour down rain on me from the school to the car (about 100 ft) and the result was ridiculous amounts of water soaking me all the way to the bone. Tejano weather capricious.
The airport is lousy, if you ever rent a car from DFW,you have to allow yourself an extra hour (so plan on arriving 2 hours before your flight).
Anyway, the real purpose of the blog is report that I got home at 10 pm last night and I am leaving tomorrow at 5 pm to go to NYC until Thursday after getting back from California last week.
And to let you know that I feel tremendously blessed that my body continues to serve me with health and comfort in spite of the travel.
Ride it out with me:
1 week on ET
2 days on MT
1 week on PT
4 days on MT
1 day on CT
1 day on MT
5 days on ET
When I set an appointment in ET for 2 pm, I show up in MT and my phone converts it to 12 pm. Great, right? But what if in my head, I naturally translate the time to 12 because I know that is what time it is when I am in MT? When I get back to MT, my phone translates it to 10 am. And then I email someone in California to remind them of the time and they say, wait, I thought you said 11, not 9.
The trick is to realize that time is in your head--so when I travel from one time zone to another, I don't say to myself "Oh to me it is actually 3 AM!!" If I have to get up at 5. I just say "Hmm what time is it? Oh, 5 am, great.""
I feel the drag, I really do--but I just do a little zumba, have some strawberries, yell at my kids, and I get over it.
Those Texas downpours are brutal. But it can be a nice place sometimes too. And if you have the chance to choose between trailer folk and suburbs folk, go with the trailer folk. Trust me.
ReplyDeleteStrawberries make everything better.
ReplyDeleteI've never, ever heard you yell at your kids. Lies on the Internet are wrong ya know.
ReplyDelete