Thursday, July 14, 2011

Grandpa Camp II (III)

Sorry for my dearth of posting, I am in heaven (aside from the weather, ahem) at the lakeside North Carolina Grandpa Camp.

For those who do not recall this little gem of an experience from last year, it is a combination of working hard and playing hard, my favorite mix in life.

Working hard:  Making meals for 20 people 3 x a day:


















I am actually just taking a break from my paid job, the real chef is Aunt Jenny with the fab legs.  I show up to be her sous or provide periodic dishwashing support along with a few others not pictured.

Playing hard:  Intertubing children













Working hard: Kids' nightly chores to keep those shoes in line













Playing hard:  No explanation required

















Working hard:  Preparing for the annual conference day and night (no picture but you can imagine me sitting at the computer and staring really hard)

Playing hard:  Eating delicious gourmet meal after delicious gourmet meal. 


I have some other pictures but Aunt Abby so kindly posted them on the Caboodle so I was able to borrow them for this post.  Stay tuned for today's events...

Working hard:  Making Harry's Hogwart's Haystacks for a crowd

Playing hard:  Eating red velvet cake pops and a treasure hunt for Hidden Harry Handouts

1 comment:

  1. I want to sign up for Grandpa Camp. Sounds like just what I need! And please share the details of Hogwart's Haystacks. Do you already have plans to see the movie? I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios