These days it isn't really cost effective to sew. It isn't. There is some upcycling going on, but I haven't gotten into it quite yet. But to buy fabric, the pattern, and all the notions, you are looking at way more money for, in my case, a lower quality product.
However, I do make a costume each year for halloween for my eldest daughter who is really the only one to appreciate my antics. I have to say it has turned into an annual event which I enjoy tremendously.
This year I have actually finished the costume prior to Halloween which apparently gives me enough time to make one for Gillian.
Don't look too closely of course, but it was a fun costume to put together. My aunt Judy contributed the petticoat which really makes the whole thing anyway.

Oh. Em. Geeeee!! That's amaze-ball.
ReplyDeleteTrue. Only cost-effective for things like throw pillows and drapes. But that costume is a triumph. Bridg will totally work it.
ReplyDeleteIt's fabulous!!
ReplyDeleteThe other call you took spared you about 5 minutes of having to listen to me squeal over how amazing this is. Amazing!
ReplyDeleteAlways is the Queen's way.
ReplyDeleteI don't know what's cuter, the costume or Bridgette's expression. Nice work! PS So excited you are coming to town!
ReplyDeleteIncredible! Really, so impressive. And Bridgette looks adorable. Way to use those sewing skills!
ReplyDeleteBut I'm glad to read your first two sentences. They make me feel better about my own sewing deficiencies.