I just now discovered that the song "Holiday Roll" from National Lampoon's Vacation is actually "Holiday Road" which is a humiliating discovery considering I was a HUGE Lindsey Buckingham fan most of my adolescent life.
Returning to the topic, I would like to publicly thank this group of 9 kids (and their parents of course) who made my kids' spring break SUPER fun.
I never knew what it could mean to have a "large extended family" since I didn't really get to grow up with my dad's brothers and sisters until I was older. Also, the age range of my cousins is so large that, well, one of my cousins is friends with my own children.
So the concept of having 13 kids all around the same age range running around the neighborhood in a pack, playing on the trampoline resulting only in a couple of knock-downs, and general kid fun was amazing.
I also loved the tense moments that accompanied three sisters playing complex card games and trivial pursuit. I spent most of the time I was there wistfully wishing I had a similar party to offer others who come to visit us.
Some of my favorite quotes:
Gus: Okay ladies, break it up (trying to get his brother and cousin to peacefully resolve a dodge ball conflict)
Amy: Do you want your little boy to see boobies? Because that is what you will see if you take your kids to the strip.
Jenny: Ohhh, so you are selling your fish as a group? Hmmm.
Bailey: It is okay Gillian, don't be scared.
Casey: This place is sooo fun!
All the kids: Come here Meghan!!
Meghan: I wish I had this many people love me allllll the time.
Here everyone is below at the Springs Preserve, with Cord hosting our very own spontaneous variety show:
I absolutely LOVED spending time with Amy, Jenny, and Erin. Every second of it was fun and I thought it was entirely too short for my liking.
Thanks to Jenny for hosting my unruly crew and to Amy for doubling the pleasure.
At the risk of sounding like a stalker, I hope to be able to crash other Morgan family events one day soon.

Jealous!!!!!!
ReplyDelete^^^that's pretty much all I have to say.
ReplyDeleteI'm always a fan of your lyrics revelations/realizations.
ReplyDeleteMy quote made the cut!!! My kids have been begging me for another baby. They keep saying, "just think about Meghan". So it was an obvious April fool's joke yesterday. They were so excited they ran and told several neighbors.
ReplyDeleteWe'll have to make this an annual event. So fun! Tell Meggy not to grow up till the next time we see her.
Fun! Looks like Jenny's fish got hungry during the spontaneous variety show.
ReplyDeleteYou can't break up a set of fish. Srsly.
ReplyDeletep.s. way jealous.
I see Jenny is enjoying the show or whatever while keeping one eye on her iPhone...::sigh:: She'll never change will she?
ReplyDeleteAlso, weird sister trait of them both having their purses on their right shoulder but around in front of them like a security blanket.
But yeah, totally not jealous of this AT. ALL. bye.
Oh yeah! My fish are ready to sell. Thanks for reminding me. And thanks for coming. It was way fun and you are officially part of the family, so holidays are open too.
ReplyDelete