Casey refused to get out of bed this morning until I finally threatened him that the train was leaving without him (they can choose to stay home but then they are not allowed to go outside after school until bed which is a serious threat for Casey since he galavants around with his lil neighborhood friends for hours).
So he came into the living room and screamed the following:
"Whatever president said you had to go to school I am going to find his grave and rip it to pieces.
And then I am going to kill him again!"
He was practically incoherent he was so tired. I tried to be disturbed by this violent outburst from my normally gentle child but it was kind of funny. I know Steve was going to make a joke, which goes over badly when Casey is tired like that, but he somehow read my mind as I was holding my finger over my lips in the please, please, please don't say anything chant so he held back whatever was going through his smirky little head. Though he did say a quiet: "I think it was Horace Mann."
Casey said a few more angry things about shredding graves and dead people and then finally got dressed and gathered his lunch, etc.
Casey topped it off on the way out the door saying this:
"It has no purpose. Oh you are supposed to learn, yeah you learn. Learn how to kill. And how to bully. So that is why I didn't do my homework over spring break, just like I said I wouldn't. Ha!"
Then he slammed the sliding glass door on the way out. Approximately 15 minutes late to carpool.
Mil disculpas a mi gente de carpool.
Tonight is going to be some early, early bedtimes around this place. I blame that tasty ham.
I'm sure Casey wasn't meaning to make me laugh this morning, but this stuff is comic relief.
ReplyDeletePS I wish you were in Utah too. When's your next vacay?
Seriously, where do your kids get their dialogue? That is comedy gold! Thank goodness you're writing it down.
ReplyDeleteHis future wife is going to love these.
ReplyDeleteI am still laughing! Wow. I guess he was really angry. Thanks for sharing. Kids are hilarious.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad it's not just my kids that want to rip peoples graves out.
ReplyDeleteAll true but the actual wanting to raise the dead part^^
ReplyDeleteFlem, this is funnnneeeee! I LOVE the things kids say sometimes.
ReplyDeleteI can't picture it. Next time, video tape it, K?
ReplyDeleteOh how the Professor loves his chant shaken and not stirred.
ReplyDeleteCasey makes a very good argument. He was right to not do his homework. What the?
that is so hilarious. poor casey. it's so sad when they're that tired.
ReplyDelete