Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Today was a wonderful Mother's Day for me--I finally learned the secret to enjoying this day: remembering its purpose is for each individual to celebrate mothers in their own way.  That little shift in my mindset made all the difference for me today.

So I must do a post on someone who deserves to be celebrated today: Auntie Lissa.

Melissa watched my little Meg for me from sunup to sundown including some evening hours.  She played with her in the pool, the hotel room, shopping areas, and all around Napa so I could work without disruption.  She came for the week at great personal opportunity cost and was amazing.  Meg already has a bigger vocabulary because Melissa is always so interactive and attentive. 

We did get to stay in the beautiful Napa Valley Embassy Suites which I always forget is so nice until I stay there again:
















I know it isn't quite like the River Terrace Inn for location, but it was near the outlets, which led to other benefits to me...

It was wonderful to go shopping with Melissa who even played the role of personal shopper by putting a beautiful coat on hold for me at BR which I ended up buying...


















And to go to dinner, even if it was for a few split seconds only while Meg was restless at the table at our favorite place, which incidentally still is not serving that fabulous farro salad we had so many years ago:




 



Lastly, just hanging out and watching the Biggest Loser results, or talking feels like it is never enough.

So since she is always gifted with children and treats my own children with such love and attention, I would like to spend my Mother's Day wishes on her today.


Happy Mother's Day Liss!

8 comments:

  1. Cute coat. Do you think you'll ever wear it here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know who is luckiest - You, to have had the help, Meghan, to have spent the week with Melissa, or Melissa, to have spent the week with Megs.

    PS - Your secret to enjoying Mother's Day is a good one. You should put it on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, amen, amen!!! We love Aunt Lissie to the ends of the earth and back! Happy Mother's Day to the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way coveting that coat. And I like your knit beret! ;)

    Aunt Lissie sounds like a very mature version of my kid's Aunt Landeelu! So she rawks and totally deserves these e-props.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But "Aunt Lissa" never even comments on your blog! How can SHE get an entire post dedicated to her on Mother's Day?? This is crap.

    ::whispering:: That was nice of her to take care of Megs whilst you worked though....I guess. ::humph::

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh shucks, that was very sweet, and quite possible counts as the first time anyone's wished ME a happy mother's anything, unless you count the conciliatory carnations they hand out in church to every female, but in that case they were only acknowledging my hibernating ova. :-)

    I miss Meg, send her back. Asap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You mean Mother's day isn't all about us? Confusing!

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios