There are a lot of impressive things that people do. People like you, people that I know and people that inspire me to be better at the things that I do.
Yet I won't be replicating your actions because it is beyond my capacity. But I want you to know that I really, really admire the things you do and in parallel universe I would do them too. But I won't for obvious reasons-- that I am not motivated to do them. But I wish I were.
So here are the things you do of which I am in awe yet will not be copying:
1. Run marathons (even a half marathon blows me away)
2. Show up on time to church every single Sunday
3. Throw themed and fancy birthday parties
4. Maintain a religious, 5 day weekly exercise routine
5. Amazing photography (if you own a zoom lens you probably qualify)
6. Professional cake decoration
7. Eat small portion sizes on a daily basis
8. Mop your kitchen floor nightly
9. Have kids participating on sports teams (the one that I am actually motivated to do but have no idea on how to get accomplished)
10. Artful decorating of your home
Most of you do more than one of these things which is even more impressive. Thanks for being a source of inspiration to me and all those you know.
I thought this post might be directed to me, until I read the list. Not one of those things describes me. Please edit it with a number 11. And it needs to be something like, "has their kids registered in a school", or "Is really good at sudoku". Quick, I'm feeling depressed.
ReplyDeleteI don't do these things either, should I be depressed too?
ReplyDeleteAre your kids registered a school and are you really good at sudoku?
ReplyDeleteNot registered for winter semester move and lousy at sudoku. Sorry.
ReplyDeleteYou impress me because you can cook something amazing out of almost nothing. And you impress me that you wake up really early and have tons of energy. And that everything you say is really smart.
ReplyDeleteI'm also impressed that Hot Pants is great at sudoku. I'm barely average.
Lee, I am SO with you. At this point in my life my only goal is to survive! Your list totally described me as well! However, Joshua is on a soccer team and while it has been extremely fun, it has also been extremely tiring.
ReplyDeleteBut I am so,SO impressed by you in many ways! You work and travel AND you're a loving, creative and fun mom. You're a RS teacher and find time to read, blog and create yummy meals and desserts. So you're pretty impressive yourself! ;0)
I'm impressed with people who are impressed by people mopping their floor nightly.
ReplyDelete