Monday, April 25, 2011

A Very Special Easter Phone Call

As I am slicing the bread to prepare for our soon-to-be lovely Easter Dinner, I get a phone call from a man named Cole who tells me of a lovely surprise:  Our stuff has arrived!

And though it is Easter Sunday, and though my uncle did not respond to my email a few weeks ago querying about where our items are, and though I am running late to serve up dinner, I am still pleased because I am tired of the same clothes I have been wearing for 8 weeks.

Cole says that he was planning on dropping off the stuff that day, but my uncle had told him not to deliver on Easter Sunday which I appreciated and then he asks me for the address.

The following conversation ensues:

Me:  ...Orem, Utah

Cole:  Wait, WHAT?  WHERE is THAT?

Me:  Uh, Utah?

Cole:  No, I mean, where in Utah?

Me:  Oh, it's about 45 minutes south of Salt Lake City

Cole:  SOUTH????

Me:  Wait, where are you?

Cole:  Ogden.  You say Orem is to the SOUTH?  I was told you were in Ogden.


Me:  No.  We have never lived in Ogden, we never planned on living in Ogden, and we never will live in Ogden.

Cole: [Silence]

Me:  So... we have a few things in the truck that we want at the house and then we will head over to storage which is just a mile away, is that okay?

Cole:  I was not told this is a two-part deal.

Me:  Okay well just show up at the house, okay?


For those of you not aware of Utah geography, here is a map for you:























If anyone is free, we will be unpacking around mid-morning.

And then no sleep til Brooklyn tomorrow pm.

2 comments:

  1. Ogden gets a bad rap. It's actually pretty nice. Forbes lists it as the #2 most livable city in America
    http://www.forbes.com/2010/04/29/cities-livable-pittsburgh-lifestyle-real-estate-top-ten-jobs-crime-income.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! There's actually an Ogden, New York, so I guess this could have been worse. But still, that does not sound like a fun conversation.

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios