Saturday, May 14, 2011

Things I Should Remember

The last few months have been so happy for me.  I can't decide if it is because I have been exercising regularly, because we live in such a beautiful house, or if we just haven't gotten entrenched in the community enough to have responsibilities beyond our family.  Regardless of root cause, I feel like I have been so happy lately when I am at home.

I have been traveling way too much but will cut back as of June which makes me even happier.

A sampling of things I have done here and loved:

1.  Helped at a friend's wedding--I thought this basket that the brother of the bride put together was so beautiful of all the homemade breads (chocolate, garlic asiago, whole wheat, tomato basil, etc.)  Isn't that a gorgeous way to display bread?  I am going to have to remember this little catering tip for the future.


2. Inspired by my friend Tiffany's little crafty self, I called her for some ideas on making cake truffles.  Believe me, these things were tasty and just used up some leftover cake and frosting we had sitting around. These were for teacher appreciation week btw.

3.  One of my recent trips to NYC--this is the Lincoln Center and the sparkly little lights are the word "Welcome" in a million different languages.  I guess the droid camera doesn't capture that kind of light intensity, but I liked the way the picture turned out and feel like it captured how I felt when I was there.  I am going back in about a week.  


4.  Up the canyon--we had a nice little Friday night picnic up there last week and it was so enjoyable.  I definitely will be adding this to things to do around here.  Here are some shots of what we did together--I include the first one so you can see Meg is now cast-free and participating (with a limp) in more active family time.


Gillian took this and I felt like it just captured Meg's joy at the river.  She wanted to just sit at the water's edge and play the whole time.


Casey was off doing his own thing....




5.  Work meeting--our entire staff got together in Napa this week and here at the end of the table standing up is my boss.  She is lovely and tremendous and everyone I work with is incredible.  I can't say enough how much I love the job I have and the people I work with--though the travel has been really intense for everyone on our team, we still enjoyed the opportunity to hang out together during meals.


I need to remember to blog these as separate events rather than try to squeeze it in one post, but that is how I have felt anyway.

Maybe next week.

2 comments:

  1. 1. I love this. I think that I need to do something similar. I love so much, but I forget what I loved because the negativity can be so powerful.

    2. What's teacher appreciation week? How does that "happen"?

    3. You should put my new awesomely lame-o blog on your list! You have a way old one on there. You know you want to read my adventures. I promise to have some non-running related things. I am a Renaissance woman after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you wrote them down so you would remember.

    And those breads! Any chance you have recipes for any of those?

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios