Thursday, September 22, 2011

Maturity Hits

I now know why people refer to this age as "middle-aged."  Sure, people live longer and middle age is more like mid 40s, but I have hit middle age, I am certain of it.  My evidence:

  • Making fun of people seems mean and not fun.  I wish I could go back, but it is forever gone.
  • I feel fine with my weight and body.  WHAT??  This is wrong.  I care about my health, but I just don't care if I look skinnier anymore. This disturbs me.
  • I don't want to eat anything packaged.  It seems like poison and gross.   This is particularly tragic considering that is 90% of what I can eat on the road and buy in grocery stores.
  • In July at our annual conference there was exactly ONE opportunity to go out dancing with my co-workers at the dueling piano bar.  I have done this several years and loved it.  But this year?  I just went to bed instead.  I even got a text at midnight asking "where the @#$% are you?"  and I just rolled over and went back to sleep.  
  • I stopped texting and driving because I believe I can actually die now.  
  • I stopped speeding (though I might just be on hiatus for 1 more year until my record clears from the last violation)
  • I now seek opportunities to hang out with nuns. 
  • 6 hours and 19 minutes of sleep used to buy me extraordinary energy.  Now I need about 6 hrs 30.  Lame.
  • I read news.

6 comments:

  1. Wow. I now realize I've been middle-aged since I was 24. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...but when you do go to bars, you get hit on. That counts for something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I call foul. You've always read the news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess that means I've been middle aged for a while now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you. Especially on #1-3. Although my issues with #3 might be that I feel the more kids you have and the older they are, the more personal-appearance points you get.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must have reached maturity too. If you count getting your news from twiter.

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios