Monday, February 20, 2012

Cumpleaños de Lee

I had a birthday last week.

In keeping with my mother's belief that I was born with a happy gene, I will make my annual accounting here with a positive spin:

--Own property.  It is still standing and collecting rent.

--4 children and holding.  Children who I increasingly enjoy.

--Gray hairs few and far between, current hair color is au naturale.

--Enviable marriage.  Prefer to spend all free evenings with my husband and periodically become emotional thinking about how empty my life would be without him (usually during a country song or a cheesy romance). 

--Job that still cries out my name.

--Body is holding steady and taking care of me in spite of how I woefully abuse it by exposing it to hundreds of thousands of miles of x-ray exposure in an airplane.

--Live in an era of instant gratification of information so I can solve all of my problems through Google.  Thank you, thank you, thank you Google.

--Hundreds of acquaintances who care for me.

--Dozens of friends who love me.

--Belong to a religious community that gives me a deep sense of identity and purpose.

Not bad 37.  Let's keep on keeping on.

4 comments:

  1. Yay for 37! Let's get together! Book club tomorrow night if you are free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to you. Wish we could have celebrated with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic post. I'm stealing the idea for my birthday in about a month.

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios