
In my family we cremate everyone. Both of my parents requested to return to dust, their environmental leanings clear in their request to take up less space on the planet upon death. But on Memorial Day, I often regret that to honor my relatives, I do not physically go to visit them anywhere. It is a beautiful tradition my husband's family has to annually spend time remembering those who we have loved and lost.
Every year we go to Richmond (above Logan) to visit my dad's grave. It is a nice tradition. I like everything about going from the drive, to the cemetery visit, to the lunch afterwards. A real bonding experience with my extended family because there are also the graves of my paternal grandparents and great-grandparents. I have long requested to be buried there. Holden said he would visit my grave and would miss me very much. Let's hope it's no time soon!
ReplyDeleteI like the new layout, Lee! Also, sending you an email. Check it.