Tuesday, July 14, 2009

BYU Night out

Steve and I decided to go on a little date since we had some free trustworthy sitters here. We started at a cute little Italian ristorante called La Dolce Vita. We really liked it:


























See how much he looks like Gillian?


























I had to show that this is more of his default--the smirk that I love so much. I asked why he was mocking me in every picture but he says he wasn't. I love that smile tho.

Some nice walks down campus lane:



























Look at those flowers! We happened upon not one but TWO teenage dances. One was a dance of the BYU Dance camp. They were not really dancing too much, which is kinda weirdo. We also saw a curtain indicating an "Especially For Youth" dance. The music had a definite BYU flava--"Everybody Dance Now" was on. They did play something by Chris Brown however, so they are sort of updating.


























The Tree of Life statue

























And some classic Honor Code Propaganda:

























And some Varsity Theater Cine

























On the way home we happened upon the Harry Potter line. This was not one of the two others we saw where people were dressed up, so I kind of blew my opportunity, but there was some good stuff here.



























Good times in Provo.

6 comments:

  1. Good times indeed. Gotta love the Honor Code signage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris Brown. Chris Brown's integrity stops at midnight.

    I miss the old stomping grounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the memories!!! The tree of life hasn't aged a day. And la dolce vida was a frequent stop for the visors when they cane to town. FYI.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great place to live and work huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. BYU, wow seems like multiple forevers ago.

    Unrelated to this post ... well not really, Steve - mmmm - handsome:)

    And your children, they are such a fun mixture of you guys, and so very beautiful and also like ... dunno the word, individually-full-of character-looking. That's a word, look it up. Almost look mature for their age, without looking aged, haha:)

    Much love,
    Steinunn, the one who has a way with words;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, what a stroll down memory lane. love that honor code sign.

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios