Monday, October 5, 2009

Dessert Competition Update

So we had a great night with some very tough competitors. First up we had a match between a Tres Leches and an Ooey Gooy Butter Bar:


























The tres leches got some rave reviews but in the end the Ooey Gooey got a single deciding vote to push Katie into the next round.

We also had two equally shaped chocolate cakes and the single deciding vote cast upon Bridget much to her delight (she had chocolate chips in the bottom of her cake for the win):


























In the front of the above photo the white dusted chocolate cake took on a multi-layered chocolate and whipped cream doozy served up by Cherry, who in the end won in a tie-breaking second round of blind taste testers (blind as in, didn't know either baker):




















The big unappetizing pile of chocolate mousse was up against the eye-popping oreo treat found inside this bucket here:


























But in the end it was the chocolate mousse that won by a single deciding vote. I ought to say right now that I felt that this was the great injustice of the night--and if the kids were allowed to vote this dessert would have absolutely killed the mousse. As the mousse maker I ought to be grateful for the advancement in the tourney but it was not exciting to win against this truly deserving item.

At the end of the day, I guess the lesson is that when you use a half a pint of real whipping cream you really can't go wrong.

Here is the updated roster for the upcoming competition in two weeks:













Hence the next matchup on Saturday October 17th at 7 pm (moved back an hour due to popular demand)

Nicole v. A. Dorny
Jeannie v. Steve
Holly v. K. Dorny
Karen v. Jacqui

Lesson learned from the one vote separation: Bring TWO friends to cast a vote your way.

The real hero of the evening, however, was this child who was able to finagle her way into the mud and really get down and dirty during the dessert fest. As if the chocolate weren't enough...



























5 comments:

  1. Great recap, but you're right. Would have been much better with a picture of me sitting in the stroller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had all these comments ready about the desserts until I saw those CURLS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that real sugar chocolate on her face? I am shocked that she would be so careless with such a delicacy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm. Your baby looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to swear that girl is so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios