Friday, October 2, 2009

Happy October

Why I love October:

1) Travel slows down for me (only gone for one week this month!)

2) I love, love, love the cool breeze coming through my bedroom window at night. Not too cold, but the nice feeling of warm blankets combined with the fall crispy air.

3) I get excited about work projects that have been on the back burner for several months.

4) I facilitate a "Meeting of the Minds" which is when groups of teachers in the same subject area get together to discuss teaching. That is one of my favorite meetings of the year and I get to see all my teachers from different schools together in one place. I am super passionate about curriculum design and I get to work with that full-time. I know, I am a geek.

5) I like orange.

My friend and former freighbor Katie has her new bows up on her site especially for Halloween in case you need some Halloweeny bows or are looking for gifts for friends with girls. Her bows, btw, have been prominently featured on this blog for the last year on all pictures Meghan as well as the beautiful white boy she made especially for Bridget for her baptism. I like them because they are well designed and durable, and they stay on babies so well. Anywho, she is a very talented individual but I should stop talking about it and just post a pic for you to see for your self. Her website can be found here and her blog, which is one of my top ten favoritist sites of all time on the internets, can be found here. Sneak preview of her specialty october collection:






















Does she look familiar? She has been a model on this blog before, here, and also here, and most particularly here.

4 comments:

  1. I love October, too (so much that I got married in it). The crisp fall air, warm autumn colors, Halloween, Katie's special bows, and all the squash you can eat...doesn’t get any better than that. Happy fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made Bridget a beautiful white boy for her baptism??

    (don't you dare edit that, by the way)

    Thank you so much! You are my best freighbor (either that, or you reeeally want to qualify for free shipping)

    ReplyDelete
  3. can I get in line for the white boy for my nieces baptism?? LOL what a gift =)
    I love October too....love it...love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah? Well, I made three beautiful white boys. Bridget can have her pick.

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios