Friday, October 23, 2009

Role Reversal

Contrary to popular belief, my husband wears the pants in the family.

I work, true, but ultimately it is his decision that makes us the nomads that we are.  We are pursuing his dream of living in a 2-bedroom apartment with 4 kids.

So while we do have some role-reversal going on, in some ways we are very much the traditional husband/wife.  Some examples:

--When we get a late notice for a bill, my husband calls me to ask if me if I know anything about it
--I work outside the home
--He knows what size shoe the kids wear
--I fix broken stuff around the house
--He walks the halls with the baby during church
--I have a fancy techy phone and he doesn't know how to check a text message
--He does the routine with the kids while I travel out of town on work

See?

So imagine my surprise when I post a comment on a blog about role reversal and someone responds with this comment:









Steve's reponse:  Boo!  Do we have such role reversal that even on line people just think I am your little wife?  That is why you should go by Lee Ann.

Heh.

So I did respond to her with this comment:









As a side note, Steve does take out the garbage, change the oil and get gas in the car, and forget to give me phone messages. 

10 comments:

  1. ::sigh:: roles

    either way somebody has to do x, y, and z right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm practically the man in my family. Ask Landee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^^shaves daily.... her FACE!

    This kills me. And you'll always be LeeAnn to me. I don't care what the professional world says.

    Also, Steve is practically a woman. Just deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also in charge of killing any spiders. And I pick who says the prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. way to stake out your territory steve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilarious!

    Of course Steve isn't a housewife. Otherwise, why you go about begging for a maid? Also, only a real man could leave for church and forget the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I even pick who says the prayer, and it's always Bailey (12 yr old, so he has the priesthood). You will always be Flem to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just remember, mentioning you have a husband may not totally clear up for poor Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ^ Krissie is right. And funny. ^

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome (except the part about someone thinking you're a man, Lee). Way to reinvent the system.

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios