Tuesday, March 23, 2010

No Offense...

but why does everyone have sons?

I am contemplating heading to Vegas for spring break and I realized that almost everyone one of my friends has a male-dominant litter.

This is marvelous for my son, who is surrounded by girls at home, but my poor Bridget rarely, if ever, has a friend to play with on these trips.  As she does love to read so much, I suppose I can stop by the library before these trips (after we pay the excessive fines we owe).

Just to prove it to you, let's consider two common trips for us:

1) Local yokel journey through Cali.  We stop here and here.  Two houses, boy count: 4, girl count: 0.

2)  Intermountain West.  We might stop here and here in Vegas on the way.  Two houses, boy count: 6, girl count: 1 (baby).  Once in Utah, we see this family and that family, and maybe if we are lucky we drive over to Denvah to see this family.  Three houses, boy count: 8, girl count: 2.

Total?  18 to 3.  Now, there are a few of you here and there that have girls but for some reason you have not moved to the pathway most likely to land us in your living room so for now I have to pray that Bridget will continue to love reading a ton, or that she will pick up a video game habit because I think she is just a little on the lonely side.

15 comments:

  1. Come to our August family reunion! Our grandkids number 20 girls and ten boys! Girls age ranges will be from 3 months to age 16!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. I'll play with Bridget. I'm a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am doing my personal best to even the score. Also, I'd hang out with any of your girls (or their mother) any day of the week. So consider a trip outside the western US and maybe to the East Coast. I'm thinking southeast, very southeast...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's because Heavenly Father does not love me. I'm joking (kind of).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you want to take Ella along with you? She's pretty lonely in her boy dominant house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And Memzy, just cuz you drool doesn't mean all girls do. (I only drool in my sleep, so my drool stained pillow tells me)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can come here. Not only do we have more girls that boys we also have Bridget's Best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't help you there. My advice though, would be to enjoy her whole 'books before boys' phase before she's old enough to reverse her policy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. None taken. 6 to 2 here. Are you saying she doesn't play with the boyerz? I have ZERO girl cousins my age and about 14teen boy cousins..who I adore and had a blast with growing up. I flew out to chillax with the Bil Jeppson boys one summer as a teen even. Maybe you should stop telling her they have cooties. Even tho they do. p.s. My RT asked me yesterday if you were coming to the reoon. lollerz. I said maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The only thing I can think of is that in these increasingly turbulent times, fewer and fewer people are deserving of/have the capability of raising girls. You know, less and less worthy peeps and all that.

    And I don't like the phrase "maybe if we are lucky"...that sounds kinda low percentagy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a conspiracy - something they put in the water.

    Be patient - Bridget will want to play with boys soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  12. yes but maybe once she becomes a teenager this will all be just fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. We fit in that girl minority category too, I'm afraid. Perhaps that's why my only daughter hasn't let me out of her sight for 4 days - plus, she's missing her BFF so badly, she doesn't even know how to express it. Of the 20-some grandchildren my parents have, my Sassy was the first girl grandchild in years. There are like 12 boys in between her and the next aged girlie. Luckily, she loves the big girls cause they can do fun stuff like paint her nails and take her places.

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios