Saturday, May 1, 2010

Dessert Finale

When you are in the finals, you are supposed to have home court advantage.
You also should prepare a trophy in the event you don't win.

In spite of refrosting my red velvet cupcakes because the recipe contained too much sugar, those little red dealios with cream cheese topping still could not stand up to the amazing crunchiness of Katie's *lemony peach tart and maple cream sauce.

If you are going to lose on a dessert competition, being beat by this particular dessert makes it very sweet.
Now that we have run through two of these tournaments, I can honestly say that in this case, the best man really did win.

Congratulations to Katie on overcoming homecourt advantage and winning the FINAL round of baking. I think someone should alert Michelle Obama that a star baker is moving to the capital region.

And PS, though we had a small group, we were able to tackle immigration and engage in a heated debate about Arizona's new police state law. Now I bet you are sad you missed it.


*Not sure this is the real title

6 comments:

  1. I am always sad when I hear how good the dessert contests have been, even when they don't include heated topical debates. But the debating part does make me all the sadder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could we get a posting of the winning recipe? and possibly a transcript of the debate?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ♥ your red velvet cupcakes.
    Almost as much as I ♥ racial profiling.

    For Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you still invite me if I sat in the corner and tried to look pretty during the political discush? ::checking lipgloss after eating 7th red vel cupcake::

    ReplyDelete
  5. We demand a rematch! I have it on good authority that there was a ballot miscount due to dangling chads (or participles). MK and I would be more than willing to re-sample, re-relish, and re-vote any time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pictures would be mouthwatering, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios