Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Moonwalker

Casey, Bridget and I are taking a "Mom and Me" Michael Jackson hip-hop dance class. It is a Thriller to say the least.

Saturday we learned how to do this:





Since then Casey moonwalks everywhere--around the living room, kitchen, hallway, etc. Apparently he has taken to doing this at school as well so when I asked about it, I sucked in my breath ready to hear about how the other kids are making fun of him (he has a track record.) This is how the conversation ensued:

M: So... do kids think that is so cool?
C: Some.
M: Oh do others think it isn't cool?
C: Some kids are like "that is so cheap."
M: So... what did you say to them?
C: I was like "hey at least I have the guts to do it."
M: I LOVE IT! High five, that is my son.

I seriously never expected that to come out of his mouth--we have really struggled with how to fight back against the bullying stuff at school, trying to be more assertive, etc. and it just never occurred to me that one day he would just become more confident.

Thanks MJ, for the great gift of confidence to my 10 year old.

6 comments:

  1. Atta boy Casey! Hopefully things go as well when he starts wearing one glove and grabbing his crotch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this story!

    P.S. He never seems to have a problem asserting himself in Primary. Probably one of the reasons his teachers implemented the "must raise your hand" rule. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun thing to do together. And way to go Casey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at "Mom and Me" Michael Jackson hip-hop dance class

    Well, you really had me at "you can have my fridge in your room if you want" but this surely continues things.

    I can NOT wait to see your moves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. uhoh. Me and my boy better brush up on our skills. I smell a dance off.

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios