Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Retraction

Okay not really a full retraction, but I have to say two things happened today:

1) K. Cook leaving a very wise comment about our old stomping ground and remembering back to the days that I was really upset at the kids school prior to going through major upheaval with them.  And when I left, I cried for real.  So the wisdom of perspective was useful, thanks chica!

2) I got a phone call from the school secretary #1 apologizing for this morning and explaining that it was hectic.

I think I overreacted because I am by myself with the kids and that is getting super old.  I miss Steve for a million other reasons too.

The other reason I overreacted is because there are two full tracks at this school!  I am a small school girl, not a fiddy bejillion kid school girl. 

The up news?  One of the kids is going to have Alpine School District teacher of the year! 

Very exciting and thanks for being my friend and putting up with my rants.  You were very helpful.

So, in the immortal words of my bff, "I am reserving judgement" for now. 

6 comments:

  1. P.S. So glad you're in town. I will stop by soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear it. Hope the kids have a good first day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feeling the love. Hope your first day helps you and the kids feel it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That saying from your obviously super intelligent BFF only applies to your new ward and expires after a year. You need to judge the school ASAP.

    I'm proud of you for not throwing your credentials around. I would have in a second (if I had such valuable and hard-earned credentials as you,that is).

    What is their policy on sugary treats at school for holiday parties and such? That could be a deal breaker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That BFF of yours really does have gems of wisdom. Always has! I'm glad your outlook is a little more positive. More than anything I'm glad you are blogging much more frequently. I'm liking this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trust your snap judgments. They are roughly 99.9% accurate. But that only applies to your new ward. You can quote me on that.

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios