So I had an awesome day with nuns but I am a few posts behind and I have to stay in order.
Fact: Barcelona is totally awesome. Fountains mmm:
Fact: If you drink from the fountain in La Rambla, you always return. Also a fact: The water tastes disgusting. Since I have gone to that fountain several times, the desire to return courses like poison in my veins, no need to feed the best. I did get a foto taken by it though.

Fact: The official language of Barcelona and the entire region surrounding is Catalán. For those who don't know the deep roots of a very long battle, the region of Catalunya wants to be separate--not like tejas that jokes about it, but for reals for reals Catalunya doesn't want to be part of Spain and in fact does not consider what we consider "Spanish" to be Spanish, rather Castellano. Though I have used the term before, I had forgotten that some Catalanes consider it an insult to call it Spanish (even though they don't want to be Spanish, so, weird.) Anywho, linguists know that if a language isn't useful, it declines so they require it for everything these days to protect the language from extinction and to resurge as a great language of art and culture. The sign below is in Catalán and is the one found at the base of said fountain:
Fact: Awesome architecture due largely to Gaudí. More on that guy later, but everywhere you see his influence:
Fact: Spaniards love motorcyles. Harleys, really, but they don't drive them, they drive little motos. Here is a sampling of moto love:
Fact: El Barça has the best soccer team in the world right now. My friend (well, her husband to be exact) es, like many other in his city, un fanático. Their entire family dressed up and of course bought me un original shirt. They were very happy to see me in the shirt, I hope I actually wear it again in my life. Maybe Halloween?
I have many other pictures, but at least I got these up for now. Next post: Mucha marcha en Madrid and Flamenco.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comentarios