Thursday, August 18, 2011

To Spain

In 8 hours I will land in the city of Barcelona where I will be embraced by the Mediterranean.  She has called my name for years and I could not answer but today is the day my friends.  The day I will return to the land where my adult life began.

And it has been sweet my friends.  While I had a happy youth and a reasonably average level of self-loathing during adolescence, my life markedly, decidedly improved as I aged and it seems to still be in on upswing and I attribute so much of my happiness to the formative experience I had as a missionary while in Spain.

My only wish for this trip is that my family were with me to enjoy it.

So... what will I be doing?

A little bit of this:




























A little bit of that:












And of course my primary responsibility:
















Working with a group of nuns on Tuesday.

I would ask you to pray for me but I need you to send your luck and prayers to the following individuals who have a lot of "firsts" to go through without me around.

  • Steve.  Who I love more than life and who I already miss so that he can get the routine started for back-to-school week
  • Gillian.  Has her first soccer practice and game (ever!) this week.  She is also starting up the Spanish immersion this year (she had to take a hiatus because the program here doesn't start until 2nd grade)
  • Casey.  Starting Junior High (gulp!) as a big 7th grader.  
  • Meghan.  Potty Training.
  • Bridget.  That she can adjust to going to bed before 3 am.
Hasta luego chicos!!


2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you've decided not to ignore Azucar altogether. It would be a terrible waste not to have a little fling in Barcelona.

    Buena suerte!

    Chellese

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have all the nuns do your praying. Isn't that what they are there for? I will throw in one for Meggie though. Just because.

    Have a fabulous trip. Can't wait to hear all about it when you get home.

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios