Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Early Show

So I have to say, I feel like I just got back from a concert. The adrenaline of teenage girls screaming, jumping, holding hands with their bff because of tension, and sucking in their breath during the romance scenes just absolutely made the show for me.

I admit it, I loved the movie. It kind of felt artsy, like a bit understated. Some examples:

- Diamonds on the skin? Actually looked like sparkly skin--they could have done this up big-time hollywood style but instead it just looked like it should

-Lots of zooming in on the faces from interesting angles--no dialogue, just zooming in. Especially Bella, who I actually loved in this movie.

- Charlie Swan. Perfect amount of dialogue, matched the book perfectly for me--didn't look like how I pictured him, but the character was great.

- Mike and Eric--just regular looking guys for once. I liked how everyone was pretty much regular looking who was supposed to be.

-Soundtrack. Perfect.

So much other stuff. But I really do recommend Twilight, even if you didn't like the books. The movie was great fun.

I also loved all the mother-daughter combos hanging out in the theater though I still preferred sitting behind the teenagers with the "bite me" and "I love Edward" T-shirts. That made it a truly enjoyable experience and I wish I knew who they were to send them thank you notes.

The only things I didn't like:
- Okay I have no idea who picks the previews but this theater played the most horrific film preview I have ever seen. I had to close my eyes it was so disturbing. It is called "Let the Right One In." So wrong. So foreign.

Thats it!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. I loved it. I think I was the screaming & giggling girls. I literally yelled out "WOOOHOOO!" when Edward went peeling out in his Volvo after saving Bella in Port Angeles.

    Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEEK. I don't think I'll be able to sleep you gize.

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios