Sunday, January 25, 2009

Family Harmony (in Three Parts)

Part I: Marykay Makeover:

My friend came over Thursday to provide a facial since she thought the girls would enjoy it--we just did the soft skin business, you know, no makeup or anything. Here we are:




















When she was finished, the girls were like "Hey lady what about the makeup?" She kind of hesitated out of respect for me in case I didn't want them in makeup but it was a loooost cause. The girls saw her baggy full of samples and it was all over.

Here is what they came up with. I love Gill's face on this one:


















Next up Pinewood Derby:

Steve is actually the Cub Scout leader so ironically, Casey was the only one without a car on the day they were tricking them out (injecting with graphite or some such thing) so they ended up actually carving one out of wood. How old school is that?

So here is Casey's car (pics from derby all compliments of Bridget):



















Isn't it so originale?

And here is the man himself:



















You can see his car was doing extremely well:


















The wheel came off and rolled down the track by itself. Apparently Casey thought that was really cool which is wonderful since it apparently compensated for not finishing in the top half of his heat with the kids whose grandpas were also pinewood derby champs.

That stuff is serious business.


Lastly, a cupcake party. Steve took the Meg on his Home Teaching appointment so I could have time to do the cupcake stuff and a few minutes of sanity again. (I was kind of overwhelmed today since she was up until 10:30 last night and I was feeling like I don't have any alone time anymore. Kids don't wait until your youngest is 4 to have another baby, k?)

Here are the kiddos with the final row of cupcakes:



















We did leetle doggies from an awesome cupcake book called Hello Cupcake that Jen gave me for postpartum reading. We tried doing one when Meggers was only 3 weeks old but I think we are getting better now:



















I had a buncha frosting leftover so I made a plate for my awesome friend Katie (who I still love even though I didn't win her giveaway) to eliminate the ongoing requests for frosting licking, an action I find utterly and totally disgusting. I just sat at the table by myself using up the frosting from my new pampered chef frosting distributors--four stars for SURE if you ever do frosting stuff. Anyway, if you were my neighbor you might get one of these:

11 comments:

  1. I wish I were your neighbor! Great post Lee, I loved the writing and all the pix. Also I didn't feel so intimidated by you and all your awesomeness this time, which is always a plus. (And no, you don't act like you think you are awesome, you just are)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a mix for Sprinkles cupcakes...I learned 2 things 1)chocolate burns in the microwave and 2)screw gourmet cupcakes because they are a pain in the butt- and didn't taste any better than the regular biz. But cute cupcakes anyway. I missed your cooking activity, sounded fun though- next time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How close do you have to live to be considered a "neighbor"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I'm your neighbor and I got nada. ps- did you text me last night, I got a mysterious text saying someone had a treat for Carter, maybe it's all coming together (or maybe it wasn't you and this is a really awkward post, oh well).

    ReplyDelete
  5. That plate of cupcakes looks oh so yummy. I call the one at 3 o'clock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Licking is the fave activity at my house. Brings back memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the boy vs. girl displayed in this post. Will I ever have a girl to Mary Kay with? The more I think about your advice to not wait until the youngest is 4, the more I want to bag the whole idea. Who needs three kids anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  8. May I recommend the movie Down and Derby to Casey. It highlights all the derby craziness you referred to. In that movie the favored car's wheel comes off and rolls down the track also. Hope that's not too much of a spoiler.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your sunny, happy new background. I am so super sick of pinewood derby. I always end up making the cars by myself, and we always lose. The whole thing is tiresome. But I LOVE cupcakes with lots of frosting. They look tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pinewood Derby and Cub Scouts--you might as well be talking about Calculus or The History of Bolivia. I know nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This background is SB isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios