Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Trying to Trim it Down

I have been trying to go to some Zumba here and there, some hip hop here and there, and do some at-home workout stuff.

Not as consistent as I would like but better than in the past.

The other night I was doing a little youtube workout video with one of those huge exercise balls and the kids came in and were narrating what was happening on the workout vid so I didn't have to strain my neck (to see over them of course.) They would say things like "okay so turn on the other side" "no, straighten up your leg" stuff like that. It was fun and it was a good workout.

I did a 13-minute video and since I was on a roll and the kids were having fun, I looked up another one really quickly and started to get down to business.

It became evident in a matter of seconds that this video was a lot tougher, more ab work and I could barely complete some of the exercises. At one point the kids were like "wow this is really hard!" Then Gillian looked at the very fit blonde girl on the screen and then back at me and said:

"I think.... I think she is too... I think you are too..."

Then she pinched her sides and said "She is too skinny."

That is exactly right Gillian, it isn't me, it is her.

You can see my training on body image is coming along just fine.

6 comments:

  1. That's great. Because there IS such a thing as too skinny (or too obsessed w/ exercise...food...your body, etc) you know!

    And I love it when my girls ask, "Are you trying to lose weight?" It always starts a discussion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she is on to something. I need to hear more, "Mom, that lady is too patient." "Her house is too clean." "Her kids are too quiet at church," etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started a "diet" yesterday and have lost will power today. I hate that it feels so extreme. I think maybe I should ease myself into better eating not just go from eating a giant bag of peanutbutter M&Ms to zero sugar. Too hard. And, yes, good work on the body image training!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice one, gillian.
    i try to tell myself that i look the way a 37-year-old mother of 6 is supposed to look--which is not the same as the 20-something on the workout video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this story! Plus, you are so disciplined to be exercising while on vacation. It's all I can do to get my butt off the couch when I'm away from home!

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios