Saturday, December 12, 2009

Whattaweek

I can't tell you what insanity I have experienced this week.  Oh wait, yes I can:

Sun-Tues Conference in St. Louis.  Saw a roommate from the BY who I haven't seen since 1996!!  It was great to see her and her adorable kids.  Her son was a super outgoing and mischevious 3 year-old, my favorite kind.

Tues night I was supposed to take a flight with a co-worker from St. Louis-Chicago-Cincinatti. Only, as in the immortal words of Winston Churchill:  Never, never, never, never, never, never book a flight through O'Hare.  Cuz of course the flight outta St. Louis was delayed so we woulda missed our flight.  What would you have done? 

The same as me, rent a car and drive from Missouri to Ohio.  So we did and got in at 2:30 in the morn. and then had two days worth of incredible meetings for work.  Also thank goodness for the Westin and that green leaf-shaped soap that I adore.

And btw, I adore Cincinnati, it is highly underrated. To answer Tiff's question, it is underrated by the media.  The only thing anyone knows about Cinci is WKRP and Loni Anderson hardly counts as a beautiful view of the city.

Then on Thurs night I drove from Cinci to Ft. Wayne which is in the NE corner of Indiana.  After having a fantastic day on site with a wonderful school, I got to go to a ward party complete with some awesome (and not so awesome) singing groups--I accompanied a friend from my mission who lives in Ft. Fun and saw her little baby who is oh-so-yummy.  Fri night I drove down to Indy--got in around midnight and then got up at 3:30 AM so I could catch the 5 am Indy-Charlotte-Phoenix-SB.

First class upgrade btw which is actually underrated by me previously as well.  Cozy chairs and all.

On the final stretch however, my plane couldn't land in SB due to weather (which is bizarro because people in SB were telling people on our plane that there were other planes landing.  Turns out that our pilot didn't have the level of rating to land without some equipment which was broken or something.  Anywho, that landed me in Bakersfield where I now sit awaiting a bus to go home.  I didn't get to see memzy but she sent me some good cheer via text which I deeply appreciate.

I am mucho tired so hopefully I can catch some zzzzs on the bus.

I am anxious to get home to see my family.

Oh I forgot to add in that Gillian has been limping for a few weeks and it turns out that she has a disease called Perthes which has something to do with a lack of blood circulation in her hip which causes the bone to die.  It is not life-threatening but we will need to do some physical therapy with her, etc. (as opposed to a potential surgery which hopefully we can avoid because she is so young)   While Steve was taking her to el doctoro, for whatever reason my insurance wasn't going through for her, so I had to talk on the phone to my HR department at work to figger out that situation (which was a pain because I was doing some classroom observations.)  During that whole time Steve had to sit in the dr. office for over 1.5 hours waiting for them to approve the insurance situation.  He is my hero. 

I have had many years of good luck traveling so I can't complain but... I would really like the bus to show so I can get outta here.

7 comments:

  1. You are not kidding, that's quite a week. And I know you haven't seen him, but I'm still jealous you're in the same town as my little bro regularly.
    Sorry about Gillian, but at least insurance is coming through for you. Could be much worse. Not worse than getting stuck in Bako waiting for a bus, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a week, my super hero friend. I hope you get some rest and relaxation in the week to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about Gillian.

    Jack swears it wasn't him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'd better have left on that bus soon after this post or imma keel you for not letting me drive out to the airport to rescue/hang out with you!

    But silly texting is fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. man. nasty.
    poor gilly! i'm glad you figured out what the problem is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my heart and prayers go out to little Gilly----she's a tough, vivacious girl and through phys. therapy she'll def. come out more flexible than the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were in my old missionary stomping grounds. I served in both Cincinnati and in parts of Indiana. I adore that area.

    I'm really sorry about Gillian. It's so hard when things go wrong for our little ones. I will pray for her. Better yet, I will have my five-year-old pray for her. She has proven to have quite a lot of pull in the prayer department.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios