I haven't done a real post on what I have been up to for many moons. At least two moons.
Why you ask? The law prevents me. I have been up to my ears in politics and I really had no idea what I was getting into when I was appointed member of the group that governs the charter of my kids' school. It has been a totally wild ride that has occupied my thoughts, dreams, actions, and allll my time. Currently our school has no principal which requires me to read an extra 50-100 emails a day since I am the executive responsible for the organization until we have an administrator.
If I did not have a job that occupied a significant portion of my time it would be so fun! I love using my skills and knowledge acquired through working in education to benefit (I hope) their school. Why shouldn't I spend day and night fighting for this school; both to keep it open and to make it better?
But as it stands, I do have this job. And I love my job. And I must be loyal to my employer who really and truly takes care of me. So as this year wraps up and I have no idea what happened to my plans of grandeur regarding Christmas preparation, I must refocus my efforts on the nation at large and the state of education elsewhere and spend significantly less time addressing the issues at the school that has the most immediate impact on my life. I have the most supportive husband who though he thinks I am loco, believes in me and the choices I make.
I wish I could tell you all the lurid details of the painful decisions I have had to make, but in the end I am a Californian and here, we don't keep secrets from the public. Which means I can't write them on my blog. Sound contradictory? Welcome to my world.
I read that they were axing the principal, but the article didn't mention that you'd be filling in! You are the best woman for the job, though. It is just tough when you are the best woman for so many jobs. Best of luck.
ReplyDeleteUmmm... so sorry for that extra email! You're part of the solution, I'm part of the problem.
ReplyDeleteI'm thoroughly educated on the "Brown Act" now. And I will try not to email you, but what if I have a question about google wave? I'm still confused and that's a one+hour video. I wonder if it would be helpful to the SRBC chat too?
ReplyDeleteI miss you guys so much!! When are you coming out again? I can't believe Meg is so big already!! Does she talk a lot?
ReplyDelete