I think it is all related to number 2 on this list but I promise to do a happy version of this tomorrow. But for now here are all the annoyances currently happening to me:
1. Internet is down in the apartment where we live. No one cares since they are doing some "project" before school gets in session so while our neighbors are able to successfully log on intermittently, we cannot at all. Thank goodness for my built-in verizon service which is mucho slow. And why I can't post a video I am dying to show you of little Megs.
2. I strained a muscle in my middle back--have you ever done that, where you just reach a certain way and BOOM your neck/back hurts for a couple of days? Well that happened to me this morning. After I JUST got a good routine going at the gym, too.
3. It took me six phone calls to get doctors appointments with my kids. And I had to practically beg the doc to see us. They are choosy these days and apparently our family doesn't meet their guidelines. I went in person and cried in the doctor's office as a last ditch effort and at least that worked.
4. While gone this summer we accrued a bunch of library fines and now I don't want to go back and get books but I really, really want to read the one I have on hold there.
5. No new sequels to look forward to anymore.
6. My parents are both dead. This is not a new annoyance, just an old injury flaring up again.
7. Katie's move to D.C. is officially painful now. We could pretend it was all fine while traveling, but I felt her absence yesterday and it was almost all that I could take. I ALMOST went out in my car during the last hour but it turned out to be a combined men/women so I could sit next to Steve who I like more than anyone in the world in spite of the fact that...
8. Steve is deaf in his right ear. It is reparable, but as it takes six calls to get an appointment at the doctor we obviously don't have the time to invest in that exercise so I have to play musical chairs in church to sit on the correct side to make my snarky comments.
9. The Kirby vacuum doesn't work that well these days. I should probably take it in to get fixed but I am loathe to spend a single dime considering what we paid to buy it. Also, the shampooer only comes out in a single little stream, not a robust one, and I haven't done the carpets yet.
10. My eldest child is going through a grumpy phase. Hopefully more sleep will alleviate some of that.
Musical chairs for snarky comments is enough. And I can personally understand parts of 2-6 as well. Number 9 is just......well.....
ReplyDeleteI'm going through a grumpy phase. Wish I could get Becks to sleep through the night. Sorry that things are sucky sometimes. I feel your pain.
ReplyDeleteI don't want a happy version of this list. These kinds of list were the seeds that were planted in my heart and grew into the redwood forest that is our friendship.
ReplyDelete#6=saddy face.
4, 6, 8, and 9 seem most concerning. that kirby should be dusting the mini blinds while you're at work. WHY is steve deaf? (I refrain from snarky comment re perhaps he isn't actually deaf but is using this for some kind of spousal self-defense.) I hate library fines. But I always feel so clean and pure once I pay up.
ReplyDeleteI've had trouble hearing in my right ear for 5 or 6 years, so Lee has to sit on my left side to make snarky remarks in church.
ReplyDeleteThis is why I love you. Anyone else blogs 10 bullet points of complaints, and I’m out. You blog 10 bullet points of complaints, and it’s the most entertained I’ve been all week (well since Saturday, when I saw Biz Markie live). I miss you dearly.
ReplyDeleteI think #1 is the lamest, but pinched nerve is a close second. The saddest is #6. #8 you stole from Steve's list. As for #5, I've been rereading my faves lately. I felt too raw to read anything new after finishing the book which shall not be named. But then the first book in the Infernal Devises series came out and I'm back in business.
ReplyDeleteCheer up! At least doctors appointments will be easier to schedule after the health care overhaul!
ReplyDelete*wink wink nudge nudge*