Monday, February 14, 2011

This n That

I have a great post dedicated to myself in my head but first I need to clear off my photos from my phone.

First, since she refuses to update her own blog, a couple of blurries from a divine breakfast we had on a long layover on my last trip to the East Coast.  I need more trips there so I can layover in DC.  I was going to buy them breakfast but they showed up with their own donuts.  So much for the cinnabon they could have had.

I mean, look at the boy's hair?  I didn't realize he was going to be so blonde!



And I left this one in so you can see a very teensy pic of that gorgeous curly-haired girl in the background...




Then of course, the two of us, bffing it up in the airport:

It was wonderful, I mean really truly wonderful to see Katie.  Some people your DNA requires that you see on a regular basis to be happy inside--there was just a little lighter step in my walk for the rest of the weekend. 

Next, obligatory V-day cookies.  I actually made two big batches yesterday and thanks to Lisa for helping get the frosting on these little beauties.  Why did I make cookies you ask?

1)  To support the "no sugar" policy in classroom parties
2)  Because this is our last week at school
3)  Because who can resist soft heart-shaped cookies?

The problem is, once you have three school-aged children it turns into a major ordeal.   






Especially when kid #1 says "How about the cookies ARE my Valentines? We can just put their names on the cookies?"

He hates making Valentines.

I forgot to grab a picture of the cute little homemade valentines that the kids made though, maybe later today.

5 comments:

  1. Downside to that layover was that I had to start the freighbor mourning process all over again. Instead of Cinnabon next time, how about a couple rounds at Kindred Spirits? Just to make it a little easier.

    I LOVE the names on those cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just having that multiple children=major ordeal conversation with some moms today. It started out talking about valentines (which I bought at the dollar store for a total of $3, but aren't yummy and cute like yours) and progressed to summer camps. Everyone thinks I am such an amazing mom to entertain my own kids in the summer, but seriously it is easier to do that than coordinate different activites for different kids and picking up and dropping off in different parts of town...forget it, we'll just hang out at the pool.

    Feliz cumpleanos mi nina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a far superior valentine mom than me. And I'm totally ok with that. Mostly I just wanna eat those cookies myself. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it wrong for me to be insanely jealous of your layover even tho I've never met Katie IRL?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty impressive decorating there Flem. I bet mr. kid #1 earned some points with the ladies.

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios