Friday, August 12, 2011

A Tragic Affair

Dear Sugar,

I think we need to reevaluate our relationship. I thought I was clear with you about wanting to be just friends, but every time I go on a trip for work, you call me and want to get together. A lot. You aren't satisfied with the regular 3 or 4 times a week, you call me constantly and then make an appearance wearing that chocolate outfit you know I love so much.

Yesterday I saw you across the room and tried to make it clear that Protein and I are trying to get to know each other, but there you were, spending time with Protein just to get close to me.

This morning, Veggies and I were hanging out and then you randomly showed up on my plate. I guess here in the Midwest you let yourself get around a little more than usual hidden in a yellow corn cloak, which frankly should embarrass you.

I know I have said this before, but I need you to stop calling me. Stop showing up wherever you know I will be and please, for the love of all that is holy, stop sneaking around my hotels. If I see your face at check in or in my room waiting to take advantage of me because I am tired, it will push me over the edge. If you really and truly love me, please let me go.

I am going to take a break from you over the next few months and when I go to Spain next week and ignore you, please understand that it isn't you, it is me. I need to get these feelings under control and plan on a torrid affair with Dairy for a few weeks just to stop myself from thinking about you.

I hope you can forget me though truly, I will never forget you.

PS Please tell your cousin Aspartame to quit hitting on me, he is such a sleaze bag.


From el iPad

6 comments:

  1. Love, Love, Love.
    I do Enjoy Sugars opposite Stevia. Thanks to him my life is much sweeter without the cravings. I think you should make a web soap video and have sugar be stevia's evil twin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sugar is hitting on you too?! What a sleaze. He comes around my place after dinner and cant seem to take the hint to leave.

    ps This post cracked me up.

    jj

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is funny as long as "sugar" isn't code for some gross co-worker of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post made me laugh out loud. Hilarious!!! I didn't think I was addicted to sugar until I realized that I wanted some kind of treat EVERY NIGHT after dinner. Guess Sugar's got me wrapped around his little finger too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sugar gets around. Just sayin'. He seduces me as well. What a cad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know you're caught up in some wicked temptation when you find yourself seeking diversion in a Republican debate.

    By the way, posts like this are why everybody loves you.

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios