Sunday, October 5, 2008

Socal Good Times

Steve's bro came down to Disneyland so we made a trip down to Long Beach under the ruse we would be enjoying a beach bbq and then hanging out at the hotel for the night/next day.

We did do the beach bit:

Aren't they sweet? So nice and everything....


Yeah. I call them the 'tude girls because when they get together it is ALL 'tude. Here they are showing their true colors:




The boys are easy- they just play some form of imaginary war/Star Wars stuff. They don't have attitudes, they just play:



The littler (not littlest- we don't have pics of the two youngest cousins because the mommies were taking the pics) girls were happy playing on the beach with towels while their daddies chatted up the merits of the BCS system and whether or not BYU and the U would rock the boat and out perform the PAC-10.



Here are the six oldest cousins- we told them to dance and I think this pic makes it pretty clear which family is most likely to watch SYTYCD:



The next day we did not "hang out" as I thought, we ended up going to the largest Aquarium in SoCal- Aquarium of the Pacific. It was crowded to Disneyland proportions. At least it felt like it. I was ill prepared to take all four of my kids to such a place (plus the four cousins!), but we managed to make out okay. Bridget was way into the lorakeet place-



I took this pic to represent the fact that I could never find my kids because it was so packed with other kids.



We only lost one kid and just for five minutes. I did not take a picture of Gillian crying on the steps cuz my name isn't Tiffany.

7 comments:

  1. I love the SYTYCD cousins v. noSYTYCD cousins pic.

    Yeah, but after a messy win against Utah State we dropped in the rankings and blahblahblah.... <--- my life, btw.

    PS Excuuuuse me for trying to capture "life's little moments." Geesh!
    PPS Did you see you got a shout out on Esplin's blog? It's the one called formal introductions. You make such a big impact for being nearly absent from the blogging world these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^^srsly, nearly absent! The SYTYCD pic is heelarious. Btw, did you post last night and it was just a blank post? Cuz I couda sworn....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I got a shout out in the comments of your blog from Landee!

    Anna Karwhattata? Oh, I stay away from any book Oprah recommendations ever since I got burned by Wally Lamb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read "We Were the Mulvaneys" a million years ago and wasn't impressed by Oprah's choices either. She enjoys "adult themes" if you knowwhati'msayin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also A Map of the World was really, really sad. That was my one and only attempt at an Oprah Book Club. I am trying four new ones from the library this week and will let you all know if you should try any of them. Doubt it since last week's four were only so-so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too, love the SYTYCD evidence. Flemsta, I tagged you on my wanna be blog: chelleseywannabe.blogspot.com Check it out. Decided to do something separate from the kid stuff for the future book print-outs. Don't want my kid's "baby books" to be all about moi."

    ReplyDelete
  7. your daughter, looks so much like you? no? crazy. haven't chatted with you in ages. home motherhood v 3.0 is going well.

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios