Monday, September 29, 2008

PS 2 Refurb

I traded in my busted PS 2 for a refurb one at the local gamer store. This is a cool place where tons of dads and sons hang out scouring the shelves for used games. I am not being sexist, there really are almost exclusively dads and sons there. I have been there twice in the last week and the only other females there were some bored sisters and a Russian woman who was yelling at her husband to hurry it up and get the new playboy game already (or some more sinister version of GTA)

Steve has pointed out to me that when we were kids and we got stuck trying to find the flower on level 5 of Super Mario (don't point out to me that you could have skipped level 5 cuz I already know) you would never have asked your PARENTS for help you went to someone's older bro or something. Now, kids ask their parents, who are sadly, geeky kids from our generation. I am not even a gamer and I get requests to help with games all the time. I even earned a "mom you are the smartest person I have ever met" for simply resetting the router.

Getting back in shape with my PS2 starts tomorrow. Seriously.

4 comments:

  1. I think you're supposed to wait, like, six weeks before DDRing. That is in the new "What to Expect in the First Year" book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true. The book specifically says, "You can start your Wii games such as golf, skee-ball, and baseball. But don't try to advance to the DDR status until you are at least 6 weeks postpartum." I think it's mostly cuz those moms are gamers, tho and don't want you to take their high score.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought of that. Stevo is coolio.

    I suddenly have the urge to play my Super Mario Bros 3 game that I have on the DS Lite.

    Woo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What language are you speaking? Is this like you and Melissa using Spanish at dinner so the rest of us wouldn't know what you were saying? I guess I really am a grandma. I'm way out of touch with the modern world!
    But I do know why Kim kept her Levi's under the mattress in "Bye, Bye, Birdie!"

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios