Monday, September 1, 2008

What Ant Problem?

Though not nearly as exciting as landeelu's tales of Beatrix Potter, I have a similar infestation of ants. Only many more.

They send in an emissary and next thing you know there are a clan of them. We reported it to our housing complex who kindly provided us with traps that seemed to work after a week or so. They scheduled us for a spray as well but we were cautioned not to do it in a house with allergies or pregnant women and since we have both and the traps seemed to be working we skipped it.

Fast forward to reinfestation after the traps were empty (2 days ago). Convo:

Me: I am going to buy some Terro. That stuff is awesome.

Steve: Um that isn't a good idea. Isn't it really toxic?

Me: Well. I don't know maybe. What do you suggest we do about the ant problem?

Steve: Um.

Me: Okay well how about I let you solve the ant problem?

Steve: Okay. We don't have an ant problem. So I am going to solve it by doing nothing.

Me: What? Okay, so I just looked up Terro and it turns out that it just has borax which some countries still use as a food preservative.

Steve: What countries? Like Russia? Because that doesn't count.

Me: Okay fine I will figure it out.

As I am getting ready to walk out the door I reach up on the bookshelf to taste some of the really yummy chocolate that Steve brought back from Finland for us and guess what? Yep, ants.

Me: Um, honey, there are ants up here in your chocolate. You still think we don't have an ant problem?

(Skip forward two hours after I unsuccessfully tried three stores for Terro)

Me: Honey wait why is the chocolate in this plastic bag? Did you just pick off the ants and put it in the bag?

Steve: What are ants poisonous or something?

8 comments:

  1. No,....no..... it's too much. Slap that man! Slap him GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Steve on this one. European chocolate is European chocolate. Period. Besides, I've had the opportunity to consume many insects as various Museum programs (like our bug cooking seminar), and a few ants won't kill you; they just add a little extra crunch (and some spice if they're fire ants).
    But I wish you luck on your Terro search. Ants may taste good, but no one wants food crawling all over the house on its own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guys...you gotta love them. Life is so simple. Although I may be willing to do that with european chocolate too! Good luck this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You simply cannot bring home a new widdle tiny baby to an ant infested house. Srsly!! You know how sweet breast milk is... well, I'm ASSUMING it is. Don't leave it to chance!

    Cuz last I checked you can't just put babies in plastic bags to protect them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read Steve Landee's comment and he said "what does she think the ants are going to attack our baby?"

    PS Put out traps last night and this morning not a single little forager out there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, revy yes. Ants are going to attack your baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo, anything happening yet?

    ::snicker;:

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is hilarious... so Steve to do and say such things. Hope you are able to get control of those darn ants soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios