Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Many Thanks

I have had a tough time coming back to work- not because of my life but because of my job- the economy affects everyone I guess. Anyway I am feeling more inspired again today and I need to thank the people who have made my general happiness in life so possible:

Lil Meg. She slept through my stressful meetings this morning and even allowed me time to work after they were over. I also purchased the new Ingrid Michaelson CD which is fantástico.

Steve. He stayed home with Meg instead of going to one of his classes so I could attend the meeting without background crying- I deeply appreciate him all the time.

Paul Curtis- you don't know him but he is my source of all inspiration in my work world for creating such an amazing school model. I hope to someday have his perspective on long-term change and reform.

My parents- RIP. They were crazies but each gave me some amazing gifts of love, peace, tolerance, and locura.

Tiff. For being a surrogate parent whenever I need one. Except my parents never let me have sugar cereal.

Vivian. For helping me see a wonderful perspective on Prop 8.

Katie. For the pumpkin seeds and for in general making me feel like my contributions are worthwhile.

Emily. For years of your example of a solid routine, consistency, and for making the sacrifice to come out here for me this weekend (this is an in-advance thank you)

JennyESP. For getting me excited about blogging again.

Lauren. For providing some sanity and regularity in an otherwise overly conservative wasteland.

Tara. For intellectual stimulation, appreciating academic lifestyle and reminding me to love my circumstances.

Chellese. For meeting her goals, loving people around her and her calm presence, virtually and otherwise, in my life regardless of passing time.

Ex-misioneros de las islas- por seguir con nuestras amistades sin importar el tiempo y por las experiencias que hemos tenido. Son personas tremendas que enriquezen mi vida por lo regular.

8 comments:

  1. You had to put that spanish there in the end! And yourwelcome in advance. You've brought a long list of thank you's from me too but that will have to be another post. I have solid routine and consistency? SAWEET.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't let you have sugar cereal either! But I'm a big believer in free-agency.

    Love ya Lee. Just muscle through the transitional period and you'll be good to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you, Lee. You had me at Hola! So glad I met you clear back then in La Casa Espanola.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I love the tribute to your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeek! Gosh thanks for the public thanks. Your blog excites me, too.

    So, who am I?: "Here's your freakin' toe-matoes Brrrandi." (Or did that happen after you moved out?) Anyway, M & L only said good things about you on our trip. Promise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That happened after she moved out/deserted us but I'm sure she knows the story. It's classic... plus it has latino roots which she is always interested in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah! Thanks! Right back at 'cha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Lee. For the yogurt cake, cream cheese brownies, lime smoothies, rosemary bread, oatmeal cookies and chocolate rasberry cake. Also, for being my outlet for political discussion, and for tolerating my incessant contributions to the overly conservative wasteland.

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios