Okay I have to post this recipe. Only because I know some of you are craving a 100% whole wheat recipe.
This works every time and it is quite useful if you are too lazy to go to the store to buy more bread and you want to save $4 or so. Note that I double this.
3.5 c whole wheat flour (I have been using the freshly ground food storage stuff lately)
3 T olive oil
5 T honey
1.5 t yeast
1.5 t salt
1.5 c water
It calls for some gluten thingy and nuts or sunflower seeds but I skip that crapola.
Cook it for like 45 minutes or so in a 375 oven after it rises twice.
Voilá healthy bread and happy kids.
One tip: Slice it all quick and stick it in the fridge or it disappears from the counter as if it were some kind of treat.
Hmmm. Could I have my breadmaker do the dough part for me?
ReplyDeleteYes of course!!! You probably could even have it bake for you but I personally don't like the shape.. Glad to see you hop on board memz.
ReplyDeleteI love fresh bread, but I'm lazy so I buy Rhodes frozen bread dough. I have some rising right now. Makes me feel all domestic.
ReplyDeleteYum, slap some fresh strawberry jam on that stuff! When it stops being over 80 degrees outside, I'm definitely trying this out.
ReplyDelete