Some other notices and then the pics:
--I have to re-recommend Watership Down to every person on the planet because since we got it I have been reading it again. What a great read!
--Do not read Scott Westerfield "Peeps" because, well, it is dumb. I had to finish it but it was weirdo. If you like the biology of parasites and stuff like that, feel free to read but it def. wasn't worth it.
--My MIL outdid herself for the 11th Christmas in a row and got me two things off my wishlist: Wheat grinder (yay!) and an Ipod docking audio center. They also gave us the exact amount we need to pay the mechanic for our deductible which is way above and beyond decency.
--Since the huge hit of the MP3 player, Bridget won't stop singing "I Fought the Law" by the Clash (I heard her explain to her sibling that it actually means that the person broke the law and is now in jail.) Santa also inadvertently loaded "Feel Good, Inc." by the Gorillaz instead of another song and she was complaining that it had a bad word in it. What kind of santy would do something like that? I erased it of course and truthfully I got that song from my BIL and had no idea so I claim innocence here (though after the ward karaoke incident I can see how you might not believe me.) She is also speaking very loudly to everyone so I had to teach her to take one side of your headphones out while talking to people.
K picture time:
WHITE Christmas of course and boy was it every beautiful. This is of two days ago, a view from Lehi but it was stunningly white everywhere in the Valley.

Here is the tree after santy showed
The assembling of the lego towers

Here we have the gift we made with the kids for the in-laws. You probably can't tell, but the colors match the new house so they can fill up the gynormous walls of this palace. It is a simple idea but we think they turned out really well:
The best part of Christmas, of course, is just hanging out and talking with family. Here is a pic of Steve and his bro and the two youngest grandkids:
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!
Legos rock! We got Renny a set, too. Those hand prints are such a great idea. Nice job! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteI take notes on the books you like, btw. I need a good read here pretty soon. Your Christmas sounded great! love ya...
ReplyDeleteOK, I'll give Watership Down a try. I'm gonna be buy books like crazy here soon. My kids love Legos and ask for some every year. I love how it occupies them for hours and hours but I hate how dang expensive they are. Have you ever been to Legoland? They have a clearance building there where they get rid of stuff, and one time they had all these bins of loose Legos, and for $10, you could have as many Legos as you could fit in this huge bag. It was magical.
ReplyDeleteWe have had a very difficult time not purchasing Legos for family use. 18 months is old enough, right? Cuz I don't know how much long I can resist the star destroyer.
ReplyDeleteWe do own the Lego Mars Rover (which folds up like the real thing and has gears that turn the mast and high gain antennae), and Kevin and I have enjoyed some wonderful times putting it together, so I second the Lego lovin'. And are you sure they are a choking hazard for toddlers? Really sure?
Legos are awesome. My 4 year old will sit with a bucket of them and make stuff for hours. But my only problem is stepping on them in bare feet and cleaning them up. I'm sooo glad you had a nice Christmas Queso. You deserve it.
ReplyDelete