I know you all want an update on my status sans spouse.
I have to say that I actually think it would be kind of cool to be a fulltime SAHMer without the job but I think just making a guest appearance in domesticity does not give you the full sense of what it would be like.
The real trick is to just close the computer lid. I did that yesterday from pick-up time until after dinner and I will do the same tonight. Today there is a ton of laundry but I am making the bed-wetters wash after school. Yes it is plural. Bane of my existence.
Anyway wish me luck over the weekend because I will probably go crazy with no escuela in session. And church too
In case you are wondering about dinners, I did crock pot yesterday and tonight we are doing homemade pizza. Yes I already made the dough. I know.
I'm sure you put me to shame at the SAHM thing with or without job. And good luck with the weekend. Darin is in NYC for the weekend so I'm in the same boat minus the bed wetters. I am knocking on wood right now.
ReplyDeleteChurch by yourself is brutal. Hang in there. Whycome not frozen pizza? Sooooo much easier. I'd better yet cold (sugary) cereal.
ReplyDeleteI have found that the "ignore the computer" policy is key for me. Me and Stellan are both more frustrated when I try to stay wired during what should be time for the two of us. I don't even turn it on most mornings, and try to limit computer use to nap time and post-bed time. That was hard at first (because I was glued to computers when I was a "working" mom), but now it's essential to keeping the peace at home.
ReplyDeleteScout Camp is coming and I'll be flying solo (with a toddler) for the week, so I'll stay tuned for further pointers and tales of single parenting.
Ditto what Krissie said. Good luck with the church gig. I'm still home with Maddie one more Sunday, so I'll be cooking a good Break-the-Fast dinner. Call me if you want to cop out from cooking and join us!
ReplyDeleteUm, homemade pizza is our SPECIAL Christmas festivity. What is the matter with you?
ReplyDeleteYou dominate domesticity.
Bedwetters washing? That is the best idea ever. Nice to know I'm not the only one. I think mine just wets the bed so she can have clean sheets.
ReplyDelete