In case you are wondering, I am wandering around North Carolina.
I left a west coast paradise for my east coast paradise on High Point Lake in the most peaceful home on earth. What makes it so peaceful? Aside from the theater featuring the most excellent "Live Free or Die Hard" (no time for a review but looooved it) there is an unlimited supply of homemade bread, cookies, lake vista views and foresty trees, Deliverance style, and truly, love at home. Did I mention the handmade mattresses that feel like clouds? Mmmmm...
Meg experienced the love firsthand as she was there with BigMomma allll day long (literally 6 am to 7 pm.) Much thanks are in order there as well as to Jen who will be watching her for me all day tomorrow.
What am I doing with my extra time? Working, not catching up on email and falling behind on my blogging. I owe:
1) Three email responses
2) A blog post with dessert contest
3) A picture of the home described above
When I have time these things will come. In the meantime, BIG thanks to the TBB and AFB network for keeping me entertained while driving (2.5 hours tonight and 1.5 yesterday, 1.5 hrs total tomorrow and YES I am tired.)
Also big thanks to Chick-Fil-A for making it worth it to be in the car for at least a portion of that time.
Until we meet...
PS Math teachers, quit before you start (except the honorable Tim H. in case he reads this)
Glad to hear you're doing great out there...besides the being on the road for hours and hours!
ReplyDeletePodcasts are what make my early morning gym times bearable.
ReplyDeleteGood to hear from you. I was srsly wondering.
Chick Fil-A, gotta love it. I'm glad you're being well taken care of in NC.
ReplyDeleteHmmmm. List needs to be bigger.
ReplyDelete4) Belated freighbor birthday. Intend to do something lavish!!
5) Already behind one episode of So You Think You Can Dance. Upon return, will be behind TWO episodes of So You Think You Can Dance.
I could probably let one of these slide. Because urahsm. AND urbsy.
We have been suviving, but just barely. I never under estimate the power of trees, fried chicken, and podcasts. Soak it all in. It should help with your reflux, minus fried chicken, but they have tums for that.
ReplyDeletewe just missed you! why can't we time these things better! are you going to be in UT at all this summer?
ReplyDeleteHey Leeann...it's HIGH ROCK LAKE...not HIGH POINT LAKE. And you're an educator?
ReplyDeleteI'm wonderin' if you're still wanderin'. Is that bed you've been sleeping in nine feet high, six feet wide, and soft as a downy chick?
ReplyDeletePS. We missed you at SRBC last night.