I am supposed to leave on Monday to go Chicago (about 45 minutes north of there)
But I woke up with chills last night in the middle of the night. And then I couldn't stand up the first half of the morning because I was so nauseated. I went to the doctor who diagnosed me with the flu and then she proceeded to say "You can't travel with the flu. People will die if they catch it from you--the elderly and small children."
If she would have said ANYTHING else I would have gone anyway, but I can't have that on my conscious.
I am going to see if I get over it by the end of the day tomorrow but it looks like, for the first time in three years, I will be canceling a visit to one of my schools :(
She told me not to spend time with my children and not to nurse my baby while on the meds so I am holed up in my stinky germy room writing this blog post after which I will go back to sleep again for the billionth time today.
My kids were really nice to me telling me they wanted to give me hugs and love but the real hero is my husband. While I was sick he was managing all the household meals and cleaning, arranging playgroups for the kids, and general niceness to me. He drove all over town to get me what I needed and held me while I was shivering. He even sat in the bathroom while I was taking a shower at 1 am because he was worried about me.
Thanks Steve, you are the genuine article.
Yuck. Now I'm feeling nauseous.
ReplyDeleteOh man. Feel better!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry Flemmy. This is your body saying "Take it easy, my friend." Enjoy the downtime rather than consume yourself with the guilt of bowing out of ONE trip.
ReplyDeleteThank goodness you won't be responsible for killing babies & old peeps. That would be sad.
You poor thing.
ReplyDeleteIf I was still your freighbor, I would come to your house in the morning, get your kids ready for school, drop them off, run all your errands, pick up the kids, come home, whip up a gourmet dinner, host a spectacular family home evening, then grind all your wheat.
Sigh. It's too back I moved 2 miles down the road.
bad, not back. Maybe I'm getting the flu.
ReplyDeletenoooo fun....I hope you feel better soon
ReplyDeleteI hope that you are feeling better. Being sick is the worst. I'm glad you husband is taking good care of you.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you listened to your doctor! I worry about my dad and flu season. He is in the middle of chemo and has a weakened immune system. I hope there are more people like you that stay home!! Take care of yourself! To quote my mom when I had the flu 2 yrs ago: "Influenza killed my aunt when she was a young mother and didn't take care of herself. It will kill you too if you do the same!!" Irritated me but stuck with me!
ReplyDeleteOh man, I hate influenza. Hate it. And it's completely off season too. I bet you caught it on a plane, flying next to some careless lady who didn't care who she killed with her germs.
ReplyDeleteOh Lee! That sounds awful! Had I known... I could have performed my VT duties! Call next time, will ya?! Hopefully there won't ever be a next time!
ReplyDeleteOh Lee! That sounds awful! Had I known... I could have performed my VT duties! Call next time, will ya?! Hopefully there won't ever be a next time!
ReplyDelete