So I am watching six kids by myself- I realize some people actually HAVE six kids, but for me, this is double my normal. The funny thing is, the other kids aren't bugging me at all, it is MY kids who drive me crazy. The littlest one in the house asks for juice when I am halfway up the stairs and it is cute- when my youngest asks for juice it irritates me.
The other thing I have figured out is that I spend all day doing food- so when the last one gets up we are doing breakfast and by the time I do the clean up it seems like I better start making lunch. After lunch clean-up and getting the little one down for a nap, I have to start processing what I am going to do for dinner. At home I think I wait until they ask for food. Does that make me a bad mom?
Holy moley, that is a lot of work taking care of six kids. I am so glad you came to visit and that we are now connected through the blogging world. Thanks for the tip on HTML - you'd think my hubby could help me out since he speaks "computer" but it's not on his project list. Lee, there are so many things to admire about you. I feel really lucky to have you as a friend. Peace out.
ReplyDeleteHey, cool new blog header. How did you do that? I know it's pathetic that I have to have step-by-step instruction, but so it is.
ReplyDeleteWell loookie HERE!! I have been over here for ages since you-know-where totally fizzed out. Hooray for you.
ReplyDeleteMemzy
You are describing my life exactly:
ReplyDeleteMake food, feed em all, clean em up, do the dishes, sweep the floor (necessary 3x a day), start all over again. Or course, there are also the many hours of carpool and scouts and piano and karate thrown in there just to make things SUPER fun.
No wonder bedtime is my favorite hour of the day.
LEE, complaining about making food!? The same Lee who, when her kids mention that would like some granola, whips it up from SCRATCH?
ReplyDelete