Sunday, July 6, 2008

Like mother, like daughter

We are staying with some friends in West Jordan (the mom and kids are out of town) and we were making dinner in the kitchen. I decided now is the time to start teaching Bridget about cooking since she is demonstrating interest, so I was walking her through a basic roux- white sauce to mix with the spaghetti sauce we had just made. Here is the gist of the conversation:

Me: Okay so the trick to cooking anything is to add just a little at a time. If you add too much milk you can get lumps. See how I just added too much? It is a little lumpy now.

Bridget: Yes but you could just get rid of those lumps with a whisk.

Me: Um, yeah, but I don't think she has a whisk.

Bridget: WHAT! What kind of person does not have a whisk?

Exactly.

1 comment:

  1. Well said Bridget. We didn't have a cheese grater until your mom rode in on a white horse.

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios