Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Death by Chocolate

Here is a great recipe if you really, really like chocolate:

Ingredients

8 oz (225 g) chocolate chips
2/3 cup (140 g) butter
1 cup (210 g) sugar
4 eggs
4 heaped tablespoons (1 dl) all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1½ teaspoon baking powder or 1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons sour cream

Instructions:

1. Melt chocolate and butter, set aside
2. Beat eggs and sugar
3. Add flour, cocoa, bp, vanilla
4. Add chocolate mixture and sour cream to bowl

Put in two round pie pans (I used glass even though the recipe called for tins)

Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes

There was some complicated frosting in the recipe but this is what I used:

1 pint whipping cream, whipped with sugar and vanilla
12 ounces dark chocolate chips, melted

Fold the cooled chocolate in with the cream.

This was seriously an awesome and pretty easy recipe. You could skip the frosting/mousse thingy and go straight for the ice cream instead.

6 comments:

  1. I really really like chocolate. I just wish you were here to make it for me. Maybe my sister will do it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes but isn't there Corn #2 in there!!?? ::giggle::

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheesh memzy, No corn #2! None of my recipes contain it. Did Tiff tell you to say that btw? Unless you have recently read Omnivore's Dilemma in which case I will be impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. someone should tell catfish landing about this site...

    http://gizmodo.com/5028441/awesome-adults-build-giant-indoor-water-slide-for-kids

    it has their blog all over the web... from when they built their indoor slide

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry we missed you guys at the end of June. Tawni told us you were having baby #4 soon! Wow. We are thinking we will never make it to number 4. Anyway, you guys have been busy! What a summer. Glad to hear there are fellow Prison Break fans out there. We didn't know about your blog until you left your comment on ours. Blogs are so fun for catching up with each other. Talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You say this recipe is for those who "really, really like chocolate." Does this imply that an alternate species exists??

    Looks delicious! Tell you what, I'll just wait until you get back and let you make it for me.

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios