At first sight of your title I thought you were going to downsize you're apartment and I started to cry. And then I realized it was just that a bunch of peeps I didn't know got fired.
Actually, December 1st is better than the 26th. Cuz now they can budget accordingly and not go crazee getting iPhones & big screen TVs that they now can't afford, ya know?
Hmm, pruning and restructuring? I love euphemistic avoidance of reality. Those lucky 8 people who now have the opportunity to broaden their horizons by expanding their skill sets. What a great journey for them ahead! On a side note, have you ever wished there were an emoticon for sarcasm?
I survived 13 years of "pruning" at Chevron until I finally got pruned myself. To my knowledge BYU has NEVER had a layoff. It's one of the main reasons I LOVE my job.
Poor Tiny Tim and his seven tiny cousins! Don't worry though, those people will find all kinds of free stuff on their front porches, on account of it being Christmas time, that they wouldn't have gotten if it was weeks before 4th of July or Presidents Day.
At first sight of your title I thought you were going to downsize you're apartment and I started to cry. And then I realized it was just that a bunch of peeps I didn't know got fired.
ReplyDeleteActually, December 1st is better than the 26th. Cuz now they can budget accordingly and not go crazee getting iPhones & big screen TVs that they now can't afford, ya know?
*your apartment. Der!!
ReplyDeleteHmm, pruning and restructuring? I love euphemistic avoidance of reality. Those lucky 8 people who now have the opportunity to broaden their horizons by expanding their skill sets. What a great journey for them ahead!
ReplyDeleteOn a side note, have you ever wished there were an emoticon for sarcasm?
I survived 13 years of "pruning" at Chevron until I finally got pruned myself. To my knowledge BYU has NEVER had a layoff. It's one of the main reasons I LOVE my job.
ReplyDeletePoor Tiny Tim and his seven tiny cousins! Don't worry though, those people will find all kinds of free stuff on their front porches, on account of it being Christmas time, that they wouldn't have gotten if it was weeks before 4th of July or Presidents Day.
ReplyDelete^^She can always see the glass half full right?
ReplyDeletebut you knew this was coming tho.
Ouch.
ReplyDeleteGlad you remained upsized.