Sunday, March 15, 2009

Layover

Is it bad that I have to refer to my time at home as a layover?

But it is. I got home yesterday and leave tomorrow evening to go to a meeting for work (Napa).

My trip yesterday went a little something like this:

Wake up 3 am to crying baby. Decide to leave hotel as sleeping is fruitless.

Drive 24 minutes to find store open to buy her some tylenol or benadryl or some other travel aid.

Nothing open.

Buy children's tylenol at gas station and hope a half dose in a cup works for infants.

Drive 23 minutes to find "early return for car rental" since the flight, scheduled for 5:30 am, did not allow me time to return it by their opening in the morning. Find place, run late, barely make my flight.

Upgrade to first class on both the flight to Charlotte and the second flight to Phoenix. Whoo Hoo! Frequent flying apparently pays off periodically.

Me, exhausted, Meg, exhausted, both of us awake for both flights. Sleep 25 minutes on flight to SB and then Meg starts crying for last 40 minutes of flight.

Land. Kiss ground. 70 degrees.

I have to admit that if this was my worst day of travel ever I am pretty lucky. It was bound to happen one of these times, working on the road with a baby.

I am still thankful I could take her with but, no joke, I am the most tired I have ever been in my life. Ever.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Lee, I am tired for you. You hear this all the time, but I don't know how you do it all. Thank heaven you were able to upgrade to First Class. Frequent travel better have some perks. Good luck, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely deserve first class for all that traveling you do. Are you taking Meg with you to Napa? Cuz you need some sleep. Fer realzies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still trying to imagine a man taking his baby on business trips... and lollerzing. Sorry for the bad trip, but I'm so impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^^BTW, to be fair to my imaginary man, I couldn't imagine myself doing that either.

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios