I am not trying to say I am busy, I am just saying that it is the work part that makes the absentee husband business more challenging than it would be if I could have days like today where I just focus on parenting. And blogging. And Enrichment.
So I took the day off in celebration of 5 de Mayo. I have a conference call at 2:30 but just because it is super important and all.
Anyway this morning I decided that, because I had a "free" day I would run to the grocery store after carpool. In the car Gillian and I have the following conversation:
G: Am I adopted?
M: No. You were in my tummy, remember?
G: Well how did Haley get adopted? (Gillian loves her little friend Haley who had the good fortune of being adopted by an incredible family with FOUR boys )
M: Well, Haley went to a special place where kids get to pick new parents (on the fly that was the best I could do)
G: I want to go that place
M: What??? I don't want you to go there, I want to keep you in our family
G: But you said you would check and see if Blythe and Andrew would let me live with them (once she said she was bored and we were on our way to our friends so I said I would check and see if she could live there as a joke)
M: I was kidding. Do you really want to be in a different family?
G: Our car is boring
Any takers?
LOLLERZZZZZZ!!!
ReplyDeleteWhen she came over to play last week she asked if she could be in our family. I was going to break it to you when you brought it up this morning, but didn't want to bite the hand that was giving me free bagels.
ReplyDeleteSold, I hope she likes hard work and oatmeal.
ReplyDeleteBeing adopted does sound very romantic & whimsical, doesn't it?
ReplyDeleteI used to wish my parents were divorced cuz my friend's parents were divorced and she got two christmases. So yeah. Kids are clueless.
Let the record show that I want to be adopted too.
Quote of the day: "Our car is boring." Hilarity!
ReplyDeleteWe still have some open slots if she wants in, although she'd upset the pecking order...
I have a pretty boring car too or I would offer!!!
ReplyDeleteHudson tells me at least weekly that we need a new car. Why? He says that our car is boring. What is it with kids these days?
ReplyDeleteYou have already been adopted into the Bailey clan Landee.
ReplyDeleteFlem, portable DVD players may possibly save your family. Good luck.
You know we want her! You'll have to tell her something terrible about what Haley's original parents did to lose her!
ReplyDeleteForgive me, forgive me for my comment about you missing Steve. I know oh too well how working complicates the parenting--and I work much less than you do. Once I was on the phone with a very, very long-winded and high-maintenance client who started going on and on about how she couldn't focus or get anything done because she had 1 baby--and meanwhile I was listening to, like, 10 kids running wild upstairs. Every once in a while I get to the end of a day and say, "Man, that was a great day" or "I was a good mom today" and then I realize it was because I didn't have to work much that day.
Anyway, I know you're a workin woman and I hope you know you have all my love and respect as a mother.
Do you drive a mini van? Is that why she said that? I suggest investing in a Suzuki XL7.
ReplyDelete