Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Doctor is In

The doc told me today that my reflux has improved--she did not use a tube but instead a long mirror she poked down my numbed throat. It wasn't nearly as bad as the previous visit and she reassured me that I was fine. She did say, however, that I need to decrease the stress in my life to help with the acidic environment in my system.

Since I think my posts lately have been about high stress situations (transitions, delinquent renters, etc.) I think I need to focus on all the amazing and positive things that happen to me and see if that works some magic.

Latest cool things:

1. My son. This guy makes my life easier. I don't blog much as much about him because he is my strong and steady. He loves his mama and he dislikes kids who cuss at school. I have no idea how that happened but I love him to pieces. Here he is absolutely loving the rodeo:




























You might not be able to tell but he LOVED it. My uncle let him borrow that Jeep cap so he could fit in at the rodeo.

2. Me and kids at the parade together. I love traveling with these guys (in fact I would rather drive several thousand miles alone in the car with them than go to church for one measly hour.) See Meg's little roly poly leggies? She is yummy.





















3. My alma mater, the beloved Sonora High School. Casey and Bridget stayed behind and Meg was in her chair in case you think I was playing favorites here.



































































I took another fifty hundred so if you want to see more of this and SHS scenery please email me.

The last one I took for effect because really, how many people went to a high school with a beautiful stream running through it? It was amazing.

4. Freighbor Katie. I watched AI at her place in preparation for our end of the season finale party tomorrow night and I ended up talking to her forever about my mum (sniff) and other things. It feels good to have a friend so close by and I will be really and truly sad when she leaves. Thank goodness for her blog.

8 comments:

  1. i love when people say their babies are yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "(in fact I would rather drive several thousand miles alone in the car with them than go to church for one measly hour.)"

    ^^ How are you and I even freinds? Sometimes I wonder. Ha!

    And yummy legs is RIGHT.

    Sonora High School

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did we watch Idol last night? Foggy. Was so caught up in great conversation. And Meg's skillz. And Jack's evasive behavior.

    Will be so sad to leave too. And you rreeeaallly have to like someone to be sad to leave a 50 square foot mold infested apartment. Thnk goodns 4txtng.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun to see a picture of you WITH your kids. I know that's a toughie. I'm SO sorry about your acid reflux. De-stress, breathe, meditate. Oh, those things are not easy to do with all you have going on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Major cuteness.

    Last night, I woke up with the familiar burn of acid on the back of my tongue, and I thought of you as I rummaged through my medicine cabinet, looking for my Tums.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved all these pictures!!

    Now, you should take it easy. You have way too much on your plate.

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios